Financial matters are among the top reasons for marital trouble and the increasing number of divorces in America, now hovering around 50%. Each day presents many decisions related to finances and couples often have differences of opinion about spending that can lead to arguments and resentment.
This video session presents important talking points for engaged couples to discuss. You will be challenged to talk openly with your partner, asking questions like…
- Are two incomes necessary to achieve our expected/desired lifestyle?
- Should the person making the most money have more power over the spending decisions?
- Financially speaking, are we in agreement with the difference between “wants” and “needs” in our relationship?
- Is it OK to live from paycheck to paycheck?
- How did your parents manage money in their marriage as you were growing up?
Mike and Georgene, the presenters for this informative session, have been married more than 30 years and have raised three children. Both Mike and Georgene are individually-qualified to speak on the subject of marital finances. Their presentation together is helpful and illustrative to engaged couples as they look toward their own marriage.
This session addresses several key topics:
- Joint and separate accounts
- Attitudes and viewpoints about finances
- Planning and budgeting
- Emergency funds